10 Ways to Relax on National Relaxation Day - August 15, 2020
It’s important to take a break and relax! Whether or not you’ve been “working” from home, 😉 this year has been a rollercoaster of stress and emotions on our mind and bodies. That’s why TEN Babes are taking August 15, better known as National Relaxation Day, very seriously this year. Taking a complete day to practice self-care and check in with yourself is vital. We are over halfway through 2020! How are you feeling and how can you help yourself through the rest of the year?
We are here to help! Our TEN Babes collaborated and created a list of their top TEN ways they’ll be utilizing National Relaxation Day. Check out our ideas to relax:
- Meditation: Many people swear by meditation. In fact, over 14 percent of adults in the U.S. alone take the time to meditate when they first wake up in the morning. Why not give it a try? There are various types of meditation, but if you’re not sure where to start, download an app! Apps like Headspace, Calm, Aura, and Insight Timer offer different types of life coaching, nature noises, meditation breathing practices, and more. Try it out! It could be just what you need each morning.
- Skincare: TEN Skyncare, duh! Relax with a moisturizing facemask, like our Bamboo Charcoal Detox Mask, or really dive into your skincare routine. Most mornings are rushed. Tomorrow morning, take time to fully dedicate to your skincare routine. Check out our previous blog, “How Best To Spend Your Mornings,” to learn how to create a skincare routine, then read our other blogs to discover how to enhance your skincare experiences!
- Exercise: It’s a well-known fact that exercise reduces stress hormones and stimulates production of endorphins. The good news is that all exercise can do this! So whether you’re a casual yoga person or a professional kickboxer, exercise will help you de-stress. Sign up for a local class or do an online class to start your day off on the right foot.
- Massage: Who doesn’t love a good massage? Depending on where you’re located, spas may or may not be open. Set up an appointment at a safe spa facility and get that deep tissue rub you’ve been desperately wanting.
- Drink Tea: Tea naturally increases serotonin and melatonin levels, leaving you feeling relaxed without feeling drowsy. It is also known to help relieve any muscle aches or pains along with headaches caused by anxiety or stress. Simple and easy, pour yourself a cup of hot tea, watch a movie, paint your nails, or take a bubble bath, and enjoy!
- Sleep In: It’s been told to us over and over again—you need eight hours of sleep! But really, how often are you getting those full eight hours or more? Treat yourself to a nice sleep in! Let yourself wake up naturally on August 15. You’ll feel rested, relaxed, and ready to start your day of self-care!
- Craft: Crafting is a wonderful way to de-stress. No matter your crafting skill level, you can easily create while binging your favorite Netflix series. This provides you a sense of relaxation and productivity. Get yourself a paint-by-number or start watching “how-to-knit” videos on YouTube. Either way, you’ll relax while accomplishing something.
- Get Outside: Breathe in the fresh air! Eat a meal outside, go take in a beautiful sight while exercising, or go on a hike. There’s so much to see. We are always so focused on our job (which for most of us is inside a stuffy office) and then getting home. We forget to enjoy the weather, breathe in fresh air, and enjoy the nature around us!
- Cook Something Healthy: Take the time to cook yourself a five-star Michelin dinner. Get all your ingredients the night before and prep them. Then, on August 15, cook yourself a wonderful, fulfilling, healthy dinner. You’ll feel accomplished, full, and good about yourself.
- Journal: Last but not least—journal. It’s a great way to get your feelings out. Let go of the stress, anxiety, anger, and thoughts weighing you down. Then, write down all you are grateful for. Journaling is simply writing. Don’t want to discuss emotions? Fine. Write down a list of things to do. Write down your goals, ambitions, and dreams. Just write. It will help.
We hope we’ve inspired you to take on National Relaxation Day with a serious self-care attitude! Looking for more fun ideas and skincare tips and tricks? Check out more of our blogs!